Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
I feel an obligation to share this recipe. It’s my new tried–and–true cookie recipe.
I’ve made these so many times this last month. I made them for potlucks, for my husband to take to work, and for Memorial Day weekend.
The first time I baked these, I used my daughter’s organic chocolate coconut milk; so I named them Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Cookies. They were amazing! The following time, I used organic vanilla almond milk and they were just as good. Feel free to use what you have: soy, almond, coconut, hemp, oat, rice, etc.
I’ve also played with the sizes. I’ve made batches of 12 big cookies and also batches of 16 medium sized cookies. Trust me! This recipe is a keeper.
Everyone, kids and grownups will enjoy them!
Makes about 12 big cookies or 16 medium sized cookies
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup organic vegan chocolate chips (+ a few more to top each cookie once flattened)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Using your clean hands, mix together the coconut oil and coconut sugar, then add the non-dairy milk and vanilla. 3. 3. Mix well.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
5. Combine the wet and dry ingredients well, then fold in the chocolate chips.
6. Shape into 12 or 16 golf sized balls and place them on a cookie sheet.
7. Press the dough together into balls and then flatten them out with the palm of your hand. Grab 2 or 3 chips and press them down into each cookie.
8. Bake for 12 minutes.
9. Let cool on baking sheet for at least 15 minutes and then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
10. Store in an airtight container for up to five days. ( I doubt that they’ll last)
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons