Yields 6 pancakes
1 cup 100% Organic all-purpose flour
2 Tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tsp. organic vanilla extract
½ Tbsp. organic agave nectar
1 cup non-dairy milk
2 Tbsp. Nutiva organic buttery coconut oil
½ cup Equal Exchange semi-sweet organic chocolate chips
- Heat your pan over medium heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix together using a whisk. Mix until smooth.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Lightly grease your pan with a bit of oil.
- Spoon batter onto pan to form pancakes of your desired size.
- Cook pancakes for 2 to 3 minutes, or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
- Flip and cook the other side until golden brown (about 2 minutes)
- Repeat procedure with remaining batter.
- Transfer your pancakes to a plate and serve warm.
*You can eat these plain or top with maple syrup, peanut or almond butter, sliced fruit (such as bananas, strawberries, blueberries), more chocolate chips and/or chopped nuts.
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons